Monday, December 6, 2021

Tutorial: 28mm doors


 I figured I’d show y’all how I make doors:
I use card stock that comes from cereal or beer boxes.

  

 First I like to cut a strip that’s 1” wide. Then I chop into a rectangle, I believe this is 1” by 1 3/4”. Then I cut up some 1/8” ish strips:


You want to make a ton of these because they’ll be the vertical planking for the doors.


I chop the 1/8ish strips to where they are about the same height as the door.

 

Then I take a shitty dollar store brush and smear glue on the strip.


Then I glue them down in vertical fashion, leaving enough room between strips for paint/washes to go.
 

When I wind up with a few, I put them in a press I came up with to keep them flat while they’re drying. The press is two pieces of laminated MDF and two dollar store clamps (clothes pins would work too).




After they’ve dried for a couple of days, I chop the vertical parts off to be even with the rectangle door and make some cross braces.


Glue the braces on horizontal and embellish them with some rivets and a handle. Rivets are tiny beads from Dollar Tree and the handle is from a cheap jewelry making kit from Hobby Lobby.


Attach it to a building.


Frame it in.


Then you’re done!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gaslands terrain

 I like to pop into my local dollar store every now and then to see if there is anything new that I can use gaming projects. Some crap found...