Saturday, July 25, 2020

Nurgle Champion

Painted this guy up a way back in May of 2019. I don’t remember what I used for the base coat. It was probably P3 Traitor Green, that’s my go to color for Nurgle. He’s from  https://knightmareminiatures.com/  excellent Pantheon of Chaos range. I repainted the tentacles, horns and nurgling last night as I wasn’t happy with them the first time around.

He’s a bit bigger than the old RoC Citadel champions from the late ‘80s and has a wider stance. I pinned him to a 32mm base but that left a bunch of unused real-estate. I stuck a nurgling on to fill the gap. Now the champion has a little buddy to hangout with! I used a lot of brown ink on the armor, I used a fine tipped brush to streak it down and let it pool in some places. I wanted to make it look like he was oozing...something.

Check out them chain mail buns! 
After a couple coats of varnish, he’ll get a name and a back story. Then he’ll be ready to hit the table top and reek some havoc for Papa Nurg. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gaslands terrain

 I like to pop into my local dollar store every now and then to see if there is anything new that I can use gaming projects. Some crap found...