Sunday, March 28, 2021

Archaic Abodes 4

Welcome back to another episode of Archaic Abodes. The hopefully long running series of blog articles that I’m using to document my adventures in terrain building. I have grand plans for a town that includes townsfolk, buildings, walls, hedges, trees, and modular table tiles. But more on all that stuff later. 
Today I have, from Townscape building # 10. TALL HOUSE WITH VERANDA. 
I gave this one a blue roof to break up the monotony of terra-cotta that I had done on the first two Townscape houses.


I also experimented with a smaller base to see if I could crowd the houses together in tighter clumps. In hindsight I should have extended the base out the front a little more as this guy can get a bit top heavy with miniatures standing on the veranda.

As with all of my buildings so far it has a lift off roof. This time granting access to the second story.

The house was cut in half during construction to give access to the ground floor. There is a tab of foam board glued to the inside of each wall on the second story to lock it on to the first story. I didn’t get a picture of them this time but this little trick has work well enough that I will be using it again in the future. 
Those of you that know Townscape well will note that I added some extra borderlines around the exterior of the house. The top one is just for show but the bottom border hinds the seem between the first and second stories. Once again, it was something that worked well and will be used again in the future.

Thanks again for stopping by and checking out my blog. If you like what you see please leave a comment or even become a follower of my blog. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gaslands terrain

 I like to pop into my local dollar store every now and then to see if there is anything new that I can use gaming projects. Some crap found...